Google
 

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Predictions

Here is my prediction for the Derby:

Win - 2 Curlin

I think he's the one horse with a real shot of being a super horse and winning the triple crown. If he breaks clean and is able to sit in stalking distance of the leaders no one will be able to catch him down the home stretch. Though he also may get swallowed up by the field and finish in the bottom 5, but that's why they call it gambling.

Place - 8 Hard Spun

All this horse does is win. I'm hoping that trainer Larry Jones knows his horse better than I do and that the blazing workout times Hard Spun has posted are a sign that the horse is in excellent condition, not that he'll be worn out by race time. I just think he's not quite the horse Curlin is.

Show - 7 Street Sense

Yeah, I know this tri wouldn't pay much but Street Sense is a very fast horse. You want some long shots to include in your tri and superfecta boxes? Ok, you've got to add 3 - Zanjero, 6 - Cowtown Cat, 10 - Tueflesburg, 20 - Great Hunter.

Bonus Pick!!!

Mayweather over Dela Hoya in a decision

No comments: