Google
 

Friday, July 13, 2007

A Good TV Night

I found myself last night with nothing to do, for the first time in a long time (hence the space between posts.) With the Rangers not on and ESPN showing international softball it was shaping up to be a lost evening.

But then! (great phrase! You could write a book about "but then!") MAVS SUMMER D-LEAGUE BALL to the rescue!!!

That is only slightly sarcastic, I was very excited this was on. It was my first time to see Fazekas and Reyshawn wear Maverick uniforms...granted they were the weird practice unis...but still. Plus it was against the hated Rockets.

A few impressions from the game:

1) The level of play was extremely high. There were times where it seemed a bit like 10 guys playing 1 on 1, but for the most part everyone played within a team concept. Everyone played their butts off.

2) JJ Barea is a NBA player. I remember watching him last year in exhibition games and thinking to myself, "who is this little guy...did no one tell him he has no chance of making the team?" But no one ever did, he'll never be a starter but he'll be a valuable backup pure PG for a long time.

3) JJB wasn't the most impressive PG in that game Aaron Brooks, the Rockets' first round pick, was blowin' bye everyone. Best of all he looked to pass, something he very rarely did collegiately at Oregon.

4) Maurice Ager looked like the best player on the floor...probably because he was.

5) Pops absolutely hates the rim, just watch him next time he dunks. I think the rim stole his girlfriend or something.

6) Reyshawn was playing D...very good sign.

7) Fazekas didn't have his shot working, but his release was very quick and clean.

I would have more but the I got distracted watching this. How am I supposed to fully immerse myself in summer hoops when The Office and Flight of the Concords is on at the same time?? For those of you who have not seen Flight of the Concords (HBO) it's currently locked in a steel cage match with Human Giant (MTV) for the title of Lincoln's favorite new comedy show.

No comments: