Google
 

Friday, August 3, 2007

Quick Hits

Here's a few things that have struck my fancy...

  • ESPN.com's home page has a link that reads "Dukes in trouble again after violating court order" ... let me pick myself up off the floor from shock.
  • Baseball America came out with mid-season Best Tools survey, most of them I don't have a problem with. Best Power (AL) A-Rod, Best Pitcher (AL) Santana, Fastest Baserunner (NL) Jose Reyes... for best Strike Zone Judgment (AL) #3 is Placido Polanco! Polanco has a career high of 42 walks in a season! He's a good little player, but how on earth can you say he has great strike zone judgment? His OBP is .385 which is really really good. However it's not overly impressive for a guy hitting .343.
  • Will someone tell A-Rod that it's not October, and that it's ok to hit?
  • Pedro threw in a rehab start with his fastball sitting 85-88 mph.
  • Justin Upton just called up for Arizona. Carlos Quinton = Wally Pipp.
  • Adam Jones (Krevor's new fav MLB Player) will make it rain in Seattle...much to the dismay of Jose Guillen.
  • Training camps have started, and we will be more football heavy as the season draws near.
  • Eric Gagne pitched the 9th for the Sox yesterday...wearing #83. Am I the only one who thinks that looks weird?
  • Tex went yard for the Braves again... but Mahay blew the lead.

Thought I'd end this on something very odd and off topic. Will Ferrell on this video "I want to take a pill so this video always plays in my head. I had to combine the words awesome and tiger to describe how great it is: Tigawesomer."

No comments: