Google
 

Monday, September 24, 2007

Dallas Dominates

So watching football after recording is awesome in the fact that you can skip all the crap you don't need, like commercials, and anything Al Michaels says. But it is impossible to not know the outcome of the game before you watch it. Period. Despite completely ignoring the radio in the car home and walking away from conversations with people talking about the game there's ALWAYS going to be some idiot who just blurts out things (JJ?) even if he knows you have the game TiVoed.

Onto the game though. The highs.... T-O-N-Y R-O-M-O. Dude is my hero. I mean, he makes it look so effortless and he is having a blast. Who wouldn't love this guy?!? I mean, besides whinny ass Skins and Eagles fans. He made at least 4 absolutely jaw dropping, make you want to jump for joy, he must be Harry Houdini plays. Just ask the Bears' efense. (Not a typo. The supposed 'D' they had? Romo made them look foolish.)

Actually the Bears did a decent job but Romo's ability to continually buy more time and make plays that nobody else can reduced a championship caliber D to looking like the Rams.

That's the key though, Romo makes plays that virtually no one else can. How many sacks would the Bears have had if Drew Bledsoe was QB? Maybe that's an extreme example, but Peyton would have gotten the ball off...he never gets sacked not because he's fast but because he's smart...Brady prolly the same thing, Vince Young could run away from the blitzers but he can't see the field like Romo and is no where near as accurate a passer, so who else? Palmer? Maybe Hasselback? I think the Bears would hassle him onto his back a lot (high comedy!), McNabb? Depends on how healthy he is.

The point is Romo has now catapulted him into the stratosphere of elite player in the NFL. It's not just that he's the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys, it's not because he went to the Pro Bowl last year (which was more indicative of a hot start and weak NFC QB play than anything) it's because he's a special, special talent who's shown the remarkable ability to reach his zenith directly after his nadir.

...Actually I don't think I should say that, I don't think Romo's at his highest point. I'm not going to jinx it and say where that point is but it'll be a fun ride to find out.

Your 2007-08 Dallas Cowboys (we actually have a good QB again!!)

1 comment:

Lincoln said...

Krevor here,

The Cowboys look very very good. I will say that before making any other comments. Also Romo is clearly the leader of this team and doing a great job. However if I have learned one thing about pro-football it is that things can change overnight. Romo is off to another hot start and will definatly cool down. The Cowboys will hit some rough stretches. I still think the cowboys are who I though they were which is a playoff team but not a superbowl contender. They have looked like the best team in the NFC so far this year so I may have to eat my words soon. So if you want to crown them then crown em but the cowboys are who I think they are....I think....and hope.