Google
 

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Final Four and Championship!!!!!

Just got back from Vegas and man, that is a crazy town. I feel for Pac-Man Jones. Don't know if y'all heard about it or not but I got myself into a similar predicament. The headline read, "Sports Authority from Dallas makes it rain pennies, kills a stripper."

So it will be a little different today. We will have a panel of sorts for this one. The other sports bullies from the DFW chapter of SENSA (the Sports IQ society, know world-wide) are joining in for this. (We even have a member of the Washingtonian chapter weighing in.)

KC: Florida over UCLA because Ben Howland's gay and Florida beat them last year they'll do it again. Georgetown over Ohio State because I utterly hate all things Ohio State.
JJ: And your Champion?
KC: Georgetown. No reason other than I don't think Florida is good enough to win it twice.
JJ: Hard hitting facts from KC.

Trevor: I have G-Town over Florida. It's the year of the Cinderella. I mean Ireland over Pakistan in the Cricket World Cup. Those damn Micks.
Lincoln: Wow, and I thought Pakistan was a peaceful place.

JJ: It's G-Town over UCLA. Mark it. You have John Thompson III, Patrick Ewing Jr., and Jeff Green the solo. It's like a Christmas carol, and the number one rule in all of sports is you don't bet against Christmas.
Krevor: Yeah that and don't bet the over on the Yankees.

Lincoln: Well Krev, are you picking G-Town?
Krevor: Yeah I guess I will. I didn't pick them in the pool but I'll do it now. I live like two minutes from campus. I originally chose Ohio State 'cause I love big men, but I am caught in Georgetown fever and I love the Thompson men more. And I got Florida over UCLA. Love Noah, he is biblically good.
Lincoln: Georgetown has the doctor, so you can still love big men and make the homer pick.

Lincoln: Most of my bracket is shot, thanks alot Albany, but I still have my original final match-up in play. Florida over Georgetown.
JJ: Little surprised no one is picking Ohio State, I mean just look at that graph that popped up when I Google imaged "Ohio State" looking for a funny picture.
Lincoln: While I love wind force velocity graphic data as much as anyone, I think that the Hoyas are too deep, talented, and well coached for the Acorns. But even that won't matter in the finals because after the Gators get past a guard heavy UCLA team they will still be able to defeat the front court loaded G-Town boys. They are the most talented, most balanced, most experienced team in college basketball since the Grant Hill/Laettner Duke teams of the early 90's...also the last team to go back to back.

Krevor: Florida doesn't deserve another championship, they already have 2 in one year. Give some love to another school, like Tulane. Why can't we get one? We got destroyed by a hurricane.
Lincoln: There's always women's tennis.

Well there you have it folks. The sports bullies consensus is Georgetown. But it could be Florida, or maybe UCLA, or even Ohio State.

No comments: